Updated: 24th of May, 2019
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Hours: Part-time: 22 hrs per week
Closing date for applications: June 17th, 2019
Future Content is the experts’ agency. That means we’re a B2B content marketing team that develops and executes content strategies for companies that sell expertise. We market other agencies, B2B SaaS products and consultancies, in the main.
Based on King Street, Bristol, we’ve been at this for over 7 years and, while you may not have heard of our clients, you’ll be amazed at what they can do. These guys have developed deep expertise, got qualifications coming out of their ears and the work they do shapes their sector.
As our Editor for our clients, you’ll manage the creation of content – including written blogs, ebooks and emails – that will help our clients to build an engaged audience. Your goal will be to steer our clients’ content marketing strategy towards blue oceans, helping establish them as thought leaders by creating a body of content that is the envy of their competitors.
Your success will help our clients grow their business – which, in turn, means helping thousands of small businesses benefit from their expertise – while simultaneously developing your own skill set and knowledge by working directly with these experts.
At Future Content, we work at high intensity and to a high standard. That’s why we believe in the need for work-life balance. We think you can do your best work and have a great life at the same time.
So, in addition to everything you’d expect from agency life, including a competitive pension and childcare vouchers, we’ll make it possible for you to do your best work with the following.
- Location: We’re a fully remote agency with an office. Why? Because we believe in flexibility. So whether you prefer to work at home, or in an office, or a mix of the two, we’ve got you covered.
- Flexibility: What matters to us is the work is delivered to a high standard, on time, every time. One of our core values is to ‘take ownership’; another is ‘value time’. We have core hours of 10-2, but, if you need to pick up your children from school or run an errand, go right ahead.
- Holiday: We offer 35 days’ holiday per year pro-rata. Why so much? We’ve worked out that when you work as intensely as we do, a holiday per quarter keeps the pace and quality up. If it works for us, it’ll work for you, too.
- Development: Another of our core values is ‘better than yesterday’, which means we’re very focused on personal development. You’ll get a lot of learning on the job, but we’ll also support you to develop your professional interests with training.
Not everyone can be an editor, and even fewer can manage content creation on topics ranging from DNA testing to cybersecurity. To be considered for this role, we’ll need you to offer the following:
- Experience: You’ll ideally have 3+ years as an editor under your belt, preferably including agency experience. We’re fully B2B-focused, so it’s important that have good commercial acumen and an understanding of how your work will affect our clients’ businesses more widely.
- Education: While a degree isn’t essential, a bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications or a similar field would be preferred.
- Character: You’ll be developing and pitching ideas to CEOs, CMOs and other subject matter experts. These are smart, inquisitive, forthright people. You’ll need to share these characteristics and be happy to stand up for your ideas, take a challenge and listen actively. As this is a client-facing role, you’ll be conducting lots of interviewers and liaising with writers on a constant basis, so excellent communication skills are a must.
- Independent: You’ll be given the freedom to work when and where you want. That comes at a cost, and the cost is responsibility. You will be trusted to say if things aren’t right and won’t be micromanaged, which means you’ll need to be a self-starter and confident in your own ability.
You’ll be responsible and accountable for the editorial calendars for several of our clients, commissioning and editing content from our pool of writers. We’ve paired the role with an editorial administrator and account manager, which means your role will be purely creative. That means you’ll be focused on the following:
- Planning the creative and editorial direction for our clients; researching key sector themes, creating briefs and pitching content strategies and ideas to clients.
- Promoting editorial excellence: editing, sub-editing and proof-reading content, providing feedback to writers, taking feedback from clients and standing for the high quality content that we’ve built our reputation on.
- Collaborating with other creatives – including writers, designers and other agencies – to produce the very best content for our clients.
We’re looking for several people and aiming to make offers to the right candidates by the end of April. The interview process will start with us reviewing CVs, then hosting phone interviews and, finally, in-person interviews. If you’re interested, don’t wait!
Ready? Send your questions, CV and cover letter to email@example.com.